Kebabs can be super healthy or not so much; I wanted to stick with a healthy dish that could work for supper and please everyone. This turkey kebab recipe was a hit, from the vibrants colors that jump off the plate to the touch of sweetness from the pineapples and sweet potato. Enjoy!
- 1.5 pounds of turkey tenderloin
- 1 large, or 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed to 1″ squares
- 1 pineapple cubed to 1″ squares
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Heat up the grill to medium-high/high.
- Take the cubed sweet potato and heat in the microwave oven for 60 to 90 seconds
- Skewer the meat, pineapple, and sweet potato
- Grate the ginger and add to the coconut oil
- Brush the kebabs with the ginger/oil mixture, lightly salt
- Cook on the grill for approximately 6 minutes per side, keeping an eye on doneness
- Serves 4 to 6 people
Cooking tips. The density of the sweet potato means it cooks more slowly than the pineapple or turkey, you need to par-cook it before adding it to the skewers. If you’re against the microwave, that’s fine, how about a skillet with a little bit of oil and seasonings? Basil and olive oil would be lovely. We went with a coconut oil because it follows Whole 30 and Paleo guidelines, but you could easily substitute a different oil, go with the flavors you like best. If a particular piece on a kebab isn’t cooking evenly, just adjust it on the skewer individually.
The scents of the pineapple and the coconut oil mingled while cooking, the whole house smelled fantastic. This dish pairs well with brown rice, a big salad or how about grilled vegetables? What is your favorite kebab recipe? Are they any special sauces or marinades that you swear by? Looking forward to hearing your favorite turkey kebab recipe.
Companion Recipe: Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice
We’ve included a Pinterest pin below if you’d like to share this with others.