Tomatoes are abundant this time of year, and this is a great time to try out this recipe. The roasted tomatoes and parmesan meld together with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to create a unique dish, great as a side or an appetizer. Imagine this with crusty garlic bread, yum.
We wowed two taste-testers, they both said, “this is really good,” while gobbling up forkfuls even though it was right after breakfast.
If you’ve been struggling with getting your kids to eat veggies this recipe might work. After a few too many dinner discussions, I told him this tasted “like the top of the pizza” that was enough to get him to try it. He then scarfed the whole thing down. (Mom for the win!)
This recipe is easy, prep time is about 5 minutes, and it cooks in 12.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or other small tomato)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 425°F
- Mix oil & vinegar in small bowl
- Cut tomatoes in half
- Mix all together in medium bowl
- Place on baking sheet, open side up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast for 5 minutes
- Pull out of oven and add parmesan
- Roast for 7 more minutes, keeping an eye on it for desired doneness
- Serve warm, 4 servings
Cooking Tips: We went with gooey, barely browned parmesan. If you want more, then cook for an extra minute or two. It’s incredibly easy to double this recipe for a dinner party, which we think would make a great first course, served with rustic bread. We purposely chose yellow cherry tomatoes and red tomatoes to add interest to the plate, but you can use whatever color you’d like.
What do you think of our recipe? Do you have a variation that you use? Do you use regular-sized tomatoes for a bigger impact on the plate?
You can share this recipe on Pinterest with the pin below, directions included!
- Julia Child’s Bruschetta, adapted from one of her favorite recipes
- Fresh cocktail sauce, perfect with shrimp and so much more
- Cheese straws, Virginia Willis shares her recipe with us
Share on Pinterest